Check out all of Baker Pippi’s recipe’s at Lulabelleskitchen.com
Its more thank just a Baking Site…
This is lovely served with fresh baked bread and a robust red wine!
Sauce3/4 cup chopped onion2garlic cloves, minced1 tablespoon olive oil1 1/2 cups water1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste1/4cup minced fresh parsley1/2 tablespoon fresh basil1/2 tablespoon dried oregano1/ 2 cup red wine1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon pepperVenison Meatballs
- 2eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the sauce, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the water, wine, tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- For the venison meatballs, combine the ground venison, pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides and add to the sauce. Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over Tagliatelle or Fettuccine Pasta with freshly grated Parmesan and Romano, freshly cracked black pepper and fresh basil leaves.